Woodinville Straight Bourbon Whiskey Chocolate Mousse
Joe here in New York wants to teach you how to make a decadent Woodinville Straight Bourbon Whiskey Chocolate Mousse. Watch the video to learn!
4 oz (120 g) good quality semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate
2 tbsp (30 g) butter
3 tbsp Woodinville Straight Bourbon Whiskey
2 large eggs, separated
4 tbsp (60 g) sugar
½ cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Melt chocolate with butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- Whisk egg yolks with 2 tbsp sugar in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, just to cook them slightly, until they become foamy. Combine them with chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in 2 tbsp sugar. Add gently to the previous mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form and add to the mixture. Combine well and divide among serving glasses. Refrigerate.
- Garnish and serve chilled.