Effective Date: May 2, 2002; Last Date Updated: June 18, 2023
This Policy describes our information collection and use practices. This Policy does not apply to our practices on sites where it does not appear, including sites of our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies where it is not posted.
Notice at Collection
Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on your relationship with us. It also depends on how you interact with us. California law requires us to tell you if we share information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. Described below by category is the information we may collect and if we share it for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. To learn how to modify your cross-contextual advertising preferences view our Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sale/Sharing for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising in the “Your Rights” section below.
- Contact information. We collect information such as your name and address. This may also include your phone number and email address. In some cases we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Payment information. We may collect your billing address and payment method information.
- Feedback information. This includes any information you voluntarily share with us about your experience with our products or services.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your gender, age, or birthdate. We may also collect your zip code and location. In some cases we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
- Employer information. We may collect the name of your employer and job title. We may also collect your work email and work phone number.
- Site Usage information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may collect information about how long you stay on the site and the content you view. We may collect IP addresses. We may also collect device identifiers. This might include your operating system. In some cases we may share this information for the purpose noted above.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. We also keep information as required by law.
Business Purposes for Collecting Information
We use the information we collect for a variety of reasons. Those are described below:
- We use information to communicate with you. We use information to contact you about this Policy or our Terms. We also use information to respond to your questions or comments.
- We use information so you can purchase our products and use our services. We use information to process orders. We use information to process your registration with our site and to let you participate in site features. For example, if you make a reservation to visit the winery or schedule an event.
- We use information to improve our products and website. We use information to make our website and products better. We may also use information to customize your experience with us. For example, this may include saving your preferences or settings.
- We use information for marketing purposes. We use information to send information about new products and special offers or promotions. For example, we might let you know about special events. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. These might be our own offers or products, or offers or products from our portfolio of brands that we think you might find interesting. We may use information to administer a club membership, or run a sweepstakes or contest. We may deliver this information to you through various channels, such as email or on social media platforms.
- We use information to protect our company and constituents. We use information to protect our company and customers. We use this same information to identify fraud and secure our websites and systems. We use all information for other purposes as permitted by law.
Methods of Collecting Information
We collect information in a variety of ways. Those are described here:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect information when you place an order or register with us. We collect information if you become a member of a club or enter a promotion or contest. We also collect information if you reach out to us through our sites or sign up for our emails. Information may be collected from you through a questionnaire or survey. We may collect information online, in-person, or at an event.
- We collect information passively. We collect information about users over time and across different websites. We also work with third parties that collect personal information this way. We use several common tracking tools to collect information. Tracking tools include browser cookies and web beacons. To learn more about cookies visit the FTC’s Online Tracking page. We may work with others to gather information. We may do this on our websites and in emails that we send to you.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners or vendors may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us this information.
- Any content submitted to Woodinville that promotes overdrinking will be deleted.
We Combine Information
We combine information. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We Disclose Information To Others
- We disclose information within the Moet Hennessy family of companies. We share all categories of information with our parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. These related entities include set forth at www.lvmh.com/houses/wines-spirits. This includes future related companies.
- We share information with vendors who perform services on our behalf. We may share contact and payment information with companies who serve as our vendors. This may also include demographic and site usage information. These vendors may help us develop our website or deliver products and services to you. For example, they may help us run events.
- We may share information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We may share information with third parties in order to provide cross-contextual behavioral advertising. In the Notice at Collection (above) we outlined which categories of information are shared for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
- We disclose information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We share all categories of information we collect about you to respond to a court order or subpoena. We also share information in response to a government agency or investigatory body request. We share information we collect when we investigate potential fraud.
- We may disclose all information with any successor to all or part of our business. If all or part of our business was sold, we may share all categories of information as part of that transaction. If there is a merger or acquisition, we may also share your information. If there is a financing or bankruptcy, we may share your information.
If you participate in a drawing or post a comment in any public areas of our website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your name and comment) may be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither we nor you have control over. We are not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
Additional information for residents of certain jurisdictions. Certain states, like California, Nevada, and Virginia require that we tell you if we sell personal information with a third party for monetary or (in California) other valuable consideration. We do not do this. We also do not sell personal information of minors under the age of 16 for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, as defined by California law, for inferring characteristics or for purposes other than those permitted by law.
We share information as permitted by law and for other reasons we may describe to you.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may link to third-party sites or apps. For example, sites that allow you to make reservations or purchase our product. Our sites may also include third party content that collects information. We do not control these third parties. This policy does not apply to the privacy practices of these third party websites or apps. Please read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for the practices of these third-party sites or apps.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of certain marketing. To stop receiving our promotional emails follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Cross-contextual behavioral advertising. To opt out of cross-contextual behavioral advertising, access the Cookie & Ad Settings in the footer of the website and turn the button to inactive for cross-contextual behavioral advertising cookies. You may also opt out through certain browser configurations, as described below in our Notice of the Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Sharing for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising. Additionally, the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising provides consumers with the ability to manage certain choices online here and provides a tool for managing mobile choices here.
- Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals unless otherwise noted.
Options you make are browser and device specific.
Depending on where you live, you may have legal rights in addition to the choices listed above. You can exercise those rights by contacting us at +1 (888) 914-9661 (use the pin 412774 )or on the Rights Request Form at the footer of the website.
- Access: to learn the categories of information we collect and use and the categories of sources of collection and disclosure and the business purpose for collection;
- Portability: a copy of specific pieces of personal information collected;
- Deletion: to have us delete information we collected from you;
- Correction: asking us to fix your information; and
- Non-retaliation not to be discriminated against for exercising a privacy right.
How it works: When you submit your request, we use information you provide to verify your request. We do this by matching the information you provide with information we already have about you. In some situations we may not be able to process your request. This may include if a legal exception applies. If you disagree with our decision you can contact us as described at the end of this policy.
Notice of Right to Opt-out of Sale/Sharing for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising: You can also opt out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising by visiting the Cookie & Ad Settings in the footer of the website and turning the button to inactive for cross-contextual behavioral advertising cookies. Some browsers also allow you to tell websites not to share your information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising. We will respond to these signals in a frictionless manner. If you configure this setting on your browser, certain features on our site may not work and you will receive less targeted advertising. To learn how to configure this setting, view here.
Nevada residents: you may email us at the address at the end of this policy to opt out of the future sale of your information to a third party so that they may license or sell information.
Third party agents: If you are submitting a request on behalf of someone, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity. This may include providing proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to act on someone’s behalf or proof of a power of attorney.
These Sites and Apps are Not Intended For Children
Our sites and apps are meant for adults who are at least 21 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can write to us or email us at the addresses provided at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “Parental Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
We Use Reasonable Security Measures
We use reasonable security measures as required by relevant law. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
Transfers of Information
Information we collect may be stored both inside and outside the United States. If you live outside of the United States and choose to use this site you understand that it is at your own risk. You also understand that your information will be sent to the United States. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as laws in your own country.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.